Le Shopping de Noël

Confession: I cheated, I went Christmas shopping the day before Thanksgiving.  In my defense, I didn't buy anything. (I was too busy drooling over the glorious displays.) My pal Steff and I went down to Paris' most renowned grands magasins, Printemps and the Galeries Lafayette, to see how they've decked their halls. 

At Printemps Christian Dior has adorned one of the store's celebrated windows with looks based on his classic circle skirt and fitted top ensemble, but the eye-popping pink and brazen scarlet of these getups is anything but retro. 

Entering on the ground level, we took the escalator down one level into the designer's Christmas pop-up store. Hello designer advent calendar! Tucked among the luxury lingerie section (Oh la la have you seen what La Perla's put out this season?) is a veritable shrine to stylish parisiennes and the brand's foremost perfume, J'adore.

Smelling good, we headed next door to the Galeries Lafayette, my personal favorite of the two. Besides the luxury labels that inhabit my dreams more often than my closet, the Galeries has its own store brand and carries a few other labels that won't make your wallet weep. And oh my gosh the interior design!  Have you ever seen a stained glass cupola?

Besides admiring the architecture, we also took a gander at some of the designers' displays. Ralph Lauren and I seem to be thinking in a similar color palette these days. 

There's nothing like trying to fit in with mannequins to make you rethink your Thanksgiving feast.  Hooray for control-top tights!

Heads still spinning from the sights, smells, and price tags of the two grandes dames of Parisian shopping, Steff and I paused one last time to admire the Galeries' fairytale princess window displays. I might be wearing the Rapunzel dress in my next personal style post. Stay tuned.


SWEATER Camaieu | SCARF Bass (sort of similar available here) | DRESS Gap |  TIGHTS Danskin | BOOTIES 
dr. Adam's (site in Dutch) | BAG Hadaki  
Pin It Now!

Instagram