Chocolate Chip Pecan Bites for a Yummy Sunday!



Ahh, Sundays. AKA YUMMYINMYTUMMY days. Does anyone else cook on Sundays? And do yoga? And pretend they're going to work out later? And eat way too many cookies to work out without throwing up but yet also not feel the incredible guilt of massive butter consumption?

Well, that was me today. But it was worth it. Sigh. I love Sundays. Except for the evening where I realize tomorrow is a work day and I have to do productive things, like apply for jobs and look for apartments. Oh! But if you haven't heard the news, we're heading back to NOLA next week! I'm so excited. My life in NOLA pretty solidly consists of friends, yoga, great food, beer, and great weather - what else could you ask for, right? A good paying job? Psh! If this economy won't have me, I won't have it! I'll just make do without it.*

But anyways, if you wanted to yum up your Sunday, or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, recipe after the jump. Plump waistline included. Munch munch nom nom.



Chocolate Chip Pecan Bites (adapted from here):

Ingredients**:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
12 tbsp (170 grams) butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
a dash of vanilla extract (or almond extract or maple syrup or honey, whatever floats your boat)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or a giant chocolate bar chopped up into pieces, like we used)
1 cup nuts, finely chopped (we used pecans)

Onwards! (Instructions):
1 - Preheat oven to 325°ish. Get your cookie sheets out and get ready for some bakin'!
2 - Mix butter and sugars until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix those in too. Then mix in the dry ingredients (flour and baking soda). Stir in those chocolate chips!
3 - Roll them into little balls about an inch in diameter and dip half of the ball into the chopped nuts. Place the balls on the cookie sheets nutty side up (leave at least an inch or two of space between them), and pop 'em in the oven!
4 - Eager anticipation, for about 6-9 minutes.
5 - Yummity yummity yummity NOM. And share with all your friends! (That's how I keep my figure - I just give it all away!)

Hope you enjoy these if you do decide to make them! And let me know how they turn out!

*Clearly I am bitter about graduating into this economy. 
**I don't use measuring utensils when I bake - I just guesstimate. So don't be alarmed if your cookies come out totally not as round as these, I put in a little too much flour relative to the butter.

Pin It Now!

Instagram