Monday Milkshake & Changes



Okay, I lied. It's more of a smoothie than a milkshake, but "Monday Smoothie" just didn't have the same ring to it.

Anyways, one of my favorite breakfasts is a smoothie. It's fast, healthy, delicious, and light enough that you don't start your day feeling like a hot air balloon but caloric enough that you aren't faintingly famished by 10 am. As far as multi-use fruits go, I think bananas are pretty much the shiznit and they're my go-to when I'm looking for things to toss into the blender. The exciting news this week is that le Boyfriend's sister got him (us) a brand new shiny blender for his birthday, so smoothies just got serious yo - check it out.

Isa's Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Ingredients (one serving):
1 banana 2 ice cubes some almond milk - regular milk is fine too (I just eyeball it - the thicker you want it, the less you put in) some honey (depending on how sweet you want it) some oats (I put in probably a whole quarter cup) a dash of cinnamon (if you'd like)
Instructions:
Blend. Consume.

But the bigger news today is that tomorrow I leave New Orleans for an as-yet-undetermined period of time - family obligations call. This means that le Boyfriend and I are being dragged violently into a sudden LDR, and that I'll be without a photographer for some time. We shot like the wind this weekend, so I've got a couple of outfits on backup, but we'll see how it all works out. If it seems like my hair has suddenly stopped growing, though, that's why.

Pin It Now!

Instagram