meet the future of sketchbooks

Actually no, I still keep a Moleskine on hand at all times for whenever the inspiration to doodle little cupcake-eating octopi or happy clouds should strike me.

But I do pretty much have the best boyfriend ever. Which is especially lucky considering how terrible a girlfriend I am. To demonstrate my point, observe the following conversation:

Me [as boyfriend hands me beautifully-wrapped gift]: Aww, for me? What is it for?
Boyfriend: For our two-year anniversary! I knew you wanted one of these, so...
Me: But... I thought we weren't doing gifts!

And that wasn't all, either. The following day this conversation transpired:

Me [as boyfriend hands me beautifully-wrapped gift]: What?! What is this one for?!
Boyfriend: For our two-year anniversary! It's a two-part gift. (No doubt for the two years, he's clever like that.)
Me: But... I thought we weren't doing gifts?!

It was a full calligraphy set. Between these and my watercolors and crayons and pastels and fancy pens and prismacolor colored pencils, I am feeling a lot of pressure to reacquaint myself with my artistic side. Which means I'll probably just go guzzle another episode of Modern Family with a side of ice cream and get to it tomorrow, thanks.

See, I can even manage to complain about that. And how unfair it was that he let me think we weren't doing gifts and then got me one. Terrible girlfriend.

Pin It Now!

Instagram