#notfuckingplastic

is totally my new favorite hashtag. I'll be the first to admit that "Blurred Lines" is one of the summer's catchiest songs, but I also think the Man Repeller was spot-on to point out the irony and hypocrisy of the media's total and unforgiving criticism of Miley's trashy VMA performance and alarming silence regarding the song she was singing - one that can on only interpreted as condoning "blurred lines" of consent and whose hit music video features pretty much a better-rehearsed version of Miley's performance but with even less clothing (warning: explicit).

When one of my fellow feminist friends shared this video with me, I was blown away not only by the message but by how well it's done - now I can actually listen to this catchy beat without feeling like I'm betraying or somehow otherwise degrading my gender. So... mad props to these girls, and even madder props to the male bimbos that are taking an effective stand for equality by dancing around in their underwear.

As you read this, I'll be on my way to NOLA - can't wait!

Pin It Now!

Instagram