Düsseldorf



Hello all and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Halloween just so happens to be one of my very favorite holidays (tied with Thanksgiving and, perhaps, Christmas) but this year as I find myself ONCE AGAIN NOT IN AMURRICA and my German flatmate (read: only German friend) is unenthused at the idea of fake blood on a Thursday night, my glorious holiday has somehow been traded up for regular old beer on Friday.

I'd rather not talk about it.

The more exciting news is that, as I may or may not have mentioned, I spent this past weekend in Düsseldorf with the (nerdy, German) boys, which means that instead of seeing the beautiful sights the city had to offer I spent 80% of each day barhopping, beer-drinking, and Fußball-watching in true German bro fashion.

The highlight of the trip for me, though - other than obviously all the delicious Eis I subjected my bros to as a condition for going along with TWO ENTIRE DAYS drinking beer - was a visit Saturday afternoon to the beautiful Schloss Benrath. It was a bit out of the way but I promise you that you've never seen fall and you've never seen breathtaking until you've walked these gardens. There's a few sneak-peeks scattered throughout here, but I'll post the rest Saturday, dealio? Only because I EXPECT YOU TO BE TOO HUNGOVER TOMORROW MORNING TO CHECK BLOGS. Although please tell me about your fantastic plans for the night so I can live vicariously through your glamorous American lifestyle. Happy Halloween!

Pin It Now!

Instagram