it's that time of year again... you know, the one where everyone is drunk for 5 days straight

Yes yes yes my already year-long experimental minimalist nail-style phase is still showing no signs of letting up, so voilà yet another engrossing self-portrait of my left hand. It seems like too much to hope for that it stand out among an entire interwebs-verse of hands, but do feel free to weigh in/ask questions/give it a shot yourself and tag #minimalistnails on instagram.

On the non-virtual front, I was struck by a terrible/wonderful epiphany this weekend (depending on your point of view): Carnival is most certainly not doable without beer (read: gluten). Which means that I need to wean myself back onto wheat ASAP, which means breakfast, lunch, & dinner beer from here on out. Luckily the weather is shiny and sunny and completely conducive to early-afternoon tipsiness, so starting the Mardi Gras festivities is certainly extracting no protests from me. Glutenfrei will just have to start again on the 5th, when I am too hungover to put anything, gluten-free or otherwise, in my mouth anyways.

The bad news is that I have no costume, and apparently it's like Halloween on crack here - all I've been told is that attending Carnival festivities costume-less is just WEIRD, but in a way that makes it very clear that I should really consider COSTUMING UP OR ELSE. (Maybe I can pull out these old tentacles and make them work for me somehow? All ideas appreciated.)

But the best news is that JENNIFER ARRIVES ON FRIDAY, which means PARTY LIKE IT'S FRESHMAN YEAR but slightly classier, of course, by which I mean full-on-trash-but-without-the-shame-because-we're-old-now-and-we-get-to-do-what-we-want, and more importantly PARTY LIKE IT'S NOLA because all my old college friends are heading down there for Mardi Gras and I've been feeling a little left out. Also king cake, homemade, and here's to not cleaning the kitchen for the whole weekend either.

Pin It Now!

Instagram