Brussels

I probably should have mentioned that on our way back from Amsterdam we swung through Brussels for a few days. If there is anything I'd like to emphasize about Belgium, it's the beeeeeeeeeer. Living in Germany you'd think I've got top pick already, but oh no! The pickings are slim compared to the wide range this tiny, identity-confused nation offers. If I had to guess, there's probably no less than one brew for every 10 Belgians, and so if you've got a tongue that craves variety and fancy yourself a beer lover, this is the place for you.

Two weeks back in Wurstland and I actually miss it already, as the region of Germany I'm in seems to favor only Pils (bitter) and Hefeweizen (white beer - delicious, but gets old) and sometimes I'm thirsty for something other than same-old same-old. You can crap on the States all you want for our Miller Lite and PBR, but we do tend to have good pickings if you're willing to drop more than just bottom dollar and, ironically, it's one of the things I miss most about the homeland. Beer and, for some reason unbeknownst even to myself, Krispy Kreme. And affordable almond milk. And spicy Cheetos. And actually being able to afford clothing. And Mexican food. And the beautiful English language and its lack conjugations and poetically short words. Also the term "cray-cray".

And my friends, because honestly it gets lonely around here sometimes. I spend so much time with books they're starting to look like cats, so if my writing starts to degenerate into gibberish... but then again, maybe it already has.

Pin It Now!

Instagram