Antalya

I've got two pieces of good news and one bad.

We'll start with the bad news: Photoshop has suddenly decided I no longer have license to use it (even though I actually purchased it legally - like an idiot) and so my delicious Turkish breakfast is looking much darker than intended.

But the good news is that I am finally kind of learning to use my camera, so the rest of the photos are less than disastrous even without my normal liberal use of the Photoshop curves function. The second piece of good news is that my fickle computer companion has decided to function today, and so I bring you the first of my Turkey posts: Antalya.

Antalya is a beautiful city nestled in the mountains on the southern coast of Turkey that has been around since Paul was running around preaching the gospel. (I know this because he ran through Antalya a couple of times.) It also happens to be where one of my close high school friends is teaching English for the year, and so it became my landing point in Turkey. Fortunately, said friend and I share a passion for baklava and more nerdy pursuits such as academic Bible study, so you can imagine all the crazy shenanigans I got up to on these cliffs. By crazy I mean tame, and by cliffs I mean holy wow will you just look at that sunset.

This Turkey trip really tested my capacity for travel - I don't think I have ever been so many places in so little time. It's the first time I have truly traveled on my own to a new and unfamiliar place, and it was simultaneously terrifying and self-affirming. It also whet my appetite for Turkish everything, so look out Turkey because I'll be back.

Plus it turns out I'm going to need a whole lot more than a single afternoon of study to get Turkish down - I literally spent my whole first day in Antalya trying to nail "thank you", urgh.

Pin It Now!

Instagram