la alhambra

Oh yes, did I forget to mention - ? I went to Spain, too, to catch up with an old friend in the beautiful city of Granada, oh-so-popular for Erasmus students and hostel partiers who don't know how to sleep without air conditioning (clearly I'm holding a grudge). The holiday ended in torrents of snot and a cough that wouldn't kick it for nearly a month, screw you rude dorm-mates who kept turning the temperatures down to ungodly temperatures with little regard for the contagious coughing fits infecting the rest of us. But that's traveling on a budget for ya.

The Alhambra is definitely one of the most beautiful sites I've seen in a while, and I've seen it before, back in 2008 with the fam. But this time I went early in the morning, when the light was perfectly golden and the crowds were still sleeping in. It's hard to believe this was built around the same time as Machu Picchu and yet produced such an incomparable level of detail. Which reminds me - I wish my countrymen would stop hating on Muslims so much, because apart from most of them being lovely, normal people, it's embarrassingly reflective of the West's lack of education to say they come from "primitive, backwards societies" when they were pumping out stuff of this mathematical caliber back when the West was still in the Dark Ages. So SHUT UP DONALD TRUMP AND FOX NEWS, GAWD and I wish you all a lovely weekend.

Pin It Now!

Instagram