minimal barcelona

My camera died about two photos into the first Gaudí house we visited, so what you see is what you get: minimal architecture, artsy portraits, and the first day's lunch. Sarah and I thought we would take one last rendezvous before she abandons me for her native Mexico City and so we headed to Barcelona to rendezvous our bellies full.

This was my first visit to Barcelona and I very much hope it will not be the last - sun, beautiful architecture, and a beach, garnished with tipsy touristing between tapas spots? I could not have written a better recipe for a perfect holiday. Not to miss are Casa Milà and the culinary delights of El Quim in La Boqueria market. And I wouldn't pass up a chance to stop at La Xampanyeria for endless rounds of affordable, and delectable, cava accompanied by simple cheese and olive plates. And when you part, prepare to be asking yourself for a very long time why you ever thought it might be a good idea to leave.
y

Pin It Now!

Instagram